Looking your vivacious best during this hot sunny season hinges on knowing what to wear and what to keep under wraps.
We all know that when it comes to fashion and style, there are several tips and tricks that make your style different from others. And it’s not only about your wardrobe but your personality as well. Wearing colors is fun, however during summers you have to refrain from wearing loud colors as they absorb more heat. At other times, nothing can compare to the thickness of dressing up ‘all black’.
It’s about ensuring that your hair color, skin tone and makeup all are in symphony. Whether you have a set of baby blue, sparkly green, sharp hazel, or deep brown blinkers, the basic color guidelines should never leave your make-up kit.
Let’s take a look at what all can be done to add a dash of color while making sure that you look fresh during these hot summers:
1. Wear a skin tone bra with white T-shirts. It’s a common misconception to think that a white T-shirt should be worn with a white bra. It isn’t like that! You can also wear a nude bra, particularly when you have a tan, to make your bra appear invisible.
2. Pump it up with light shades of T-shirts. Fitted or loose, let it do its magic. As summer is a time for more body conscious dressing, one should ditch those unflattering baggy T-shirts in favor of a more fitted look. Cotton/Lycra-mix fitted T-shirts are the best pick for summers.
3. Give your bare feet time to get used to sandals and kohlapuris. The first hint of sun and you should forget about tights and stockings. As your newly liberated feet may look beautifully naked in strappy sandals, but don’t forget to apply sunscreen lotion before you leave home.
4. Flaunt it in style. Be it the waistline, neck line, arms or long legs. Expose the area with less flesh as it contours your body very well.
5. Amass your style for the day with some white button-downs. They uplift the appeal of denims and keep ball skirts from drifting into fantasy-land. They do well with long skirts, short skirts, pajamas and palazzo pants.
6. Take down in multiples. If your dress is especially flattering fit right off the rack, go ahead and buy doubles.
7. Wear comfy clothes. Whether they are a pair of churidars, jeans, trousers or pajamas. Wear loose and let your body breathe.
8. Put on a scarf! In this hot and humid weather, a scarf now and then won’t cost you much. It’s the ultimate accessory. Stash one in your purse and flaunt your style.
9. If out for a night party, layer your neckline with a ‘shourouk necklace’. Its edgy pattern, multi-colored stones and pearls with diamantes lend a sense of panache.
10. Mix-it-up! Pair your clothes with contrasting colors. Combining colors, scale, and patterns in a way that looks dynamic takes practice, but there are some basic tricks to getting it right. You can wear two prints that repeat the same colors or mix a large-scale pattern with a smaller one.
11. Apply and carry a face cream with SPF not less than 30.
12. Don’t let bad odour spoil your persona. A pair of good cologne and deodorant should always be there in your bag.
13. Be light on your make-up.
14. Just as you switch to breezy skirts and linen blouses, dress your face with lighter makeup.
15. Swap foundation for tinted moisturizer. These sheer formulas look and feel airier on skin and are less likely to turn cakey on steamy days.
16. No shine, only glow. Eliminate shine and look a little glow-y, especially in summers.
17. Thick lipsticks won’t do. Simple swipe-and-go choice tinted lip balms are just the thing for hot sunny days.
18. Stay-proof your eye makeup. For longer-lasting shadow, avoid using eye cream on your lids (it can break down makeup), and smooth on an eye primer instead.
19. Nothing comes for free, but SMILE does! Never go away with this quality of yours. Keep smiling and look fresh!