Exposure to sunlight for a few minutes in a day is helpful for the human body. However, too much exposure results in sun-tan and even damage the skin. In order to reverse the sun damage, many people opt for photo facial treatment. Also known as photorejuvenation, it is a skin treatment uses light-based technology for addressing a number of skin issues. Besides reversing sun damage, it helps in boosting collagen and elastin production in the skin and addresses following facial skin issues:
- Tightens the skin pores
- Reduces the severity of acne
- Improves skin’s tone and texture
- Treats brown and red spots
- Treats skin’s discoloration
- Treats Rosacea, an enlarged facial blood vessel condition that causes redness
- Treats wrinkles and acne scars
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
Different Kinds of Photo Facial Treatment
Photo facial is also known as a procedure of skincare treatment and is different from a regular facial. The LED (light-emitting diode) and IPL (Intense pulsed light) are two kinds of photo facial treatments. LED treatments recommended to people with sensitive skin for treating minor skin issues like wrinkles, blemish, etc. A handheld device or lamp is used for emitting various LED lights. The treatment boosts collagen production and results in younger-looking skin. It is a painless procedure, which demands multiple sittings for tightening aging skin and restoring facial tissues.
IPL is more popular than LED photo facial treatment as it treats a variety of skin conditions ranging from wrinkles, spider veins, brown spots to sun damage. During the procedure, a blast of powerful light, outside the bandwidth of laser, is used that penetrates deep into the skin’s layers without causing any damage. The treatment eventually aims at skin rejuvenation and also termed as a skin glow treatment.
Benefits of Photo Facial Treatments
You might think that there are countless such treatments available that address a number of skin issues, then why opt for photo facial. The answer lies in its benefits. Many celebrities and Hollywood actresses prefer photo facial treatments over other skincare treatments due to the following benefits:
- Photo facial treatments are quick as completed in minimum 20 minutes time frame depending upon the area of treatment. The maximum time duration of the treatment is one hour.
- Unlike standard facial procedures, IPL photo facial is suitable to conduct on various body parts like face, back, hands, neck, and shoulders.
- The single sitting results in brighter, smoother and younger-looking skin with an instant glow.
- Photo facials are less expensive than other skin rejuvenation procedures and results are long-lasting.
- A number of cosmetic procedures like microdermabrasion, chemical peels to name a few, are easy to conduct in conjunction with photo facials.
There are certain rare side-effects of photo facial treatment including redness, mild swelling, tiny blisters, bruising, etc. These side-effects are temporary in nature and go away with the passage of time. If you are interested in this skin radiance treatment, look for specialized clinics, and medical spas where trained technicians and dermatologists perform the procedure with safe and advanced technology. Clinic Dermatech excels in this field and you can get your photo facial done at any of your nearest Clinic Dermatech locations for guaranteed results.